The Sad Story of Admassu Regassa

February 16, 2013

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

The sad story of Obbo Admassu Regassa could be very graphic to you. One cannot imagine,what happened to Obbo Admassu Regassa could happen to any human being in the United States of America. However, if you are at the wrong place at the wrong time, anything could happen to anyone. As member of Pennsylvania Oromo community members, we came to know the existence of Obbo Admassu Regassa in PA prison about four months ago. To provide a humanitarian assistance to him, we have been trying to get access to visit him. Finally, we were told that, friends can not visit him before March 14, 2014. At this time the only people who can legally visit him are his mother, his father, his sisters or his biological brothers only. The prison rejected our visitation request after they checked our background relationships based on our Social Security numbers, date of birth, drivers licenses and current addresses. At this point, the correspondence we have with Obbo Admassu Regassa is by letters alone. After several rounds of mail correspondences, Obbo Admassu Regassa sent us his bio as follows (see below). You may share this information with friends, organizations and media outlet.

Respectfully submitted by:

Hiale Hirpa, PhD

His bio is forwarded to you as follows:
__________________________________________________________________
Admassu Regassa
United States Penitentiary
P.O.Box 1000
Lewisburg, PA 17837

Dear brothers and sisters;

My name is Admassu Regassa. I was born and raised in Ethiopia in a small pristine rural community in Amuru district, East Wallega zone in the western part of Oromia region. Like many peasants’ children in Ethiopia, I had courageously wrestled with numerous problems and poverty-related educational barriers during my childhood and teen age years.

Through motivation, patience, self-discipline and hardworking, I was able to successfully overcome formidable challenges and serious obstacles to reach great heights in my education and career advancement. I had received the degree of bachelor of science (B. Sc),and Master of Science (M. Sc) in Chemistry with a great distinction in July 1983, and 1990 from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. I have completed 3 years of doctoral study from (1994-1997 and received the degree of Master of Science (M. Sc.) again in chemistry in May 1997from Georgetown University in Washington DC.

I always have a strong sense of patriotism, and take great pride in my heritage as a son of an Oromo. After I graduated from college, I became a teacher. All in all I have more than 15 years teaching experience. Mostly I taught in colleges and Universities including Ethiopian Air Force college, Addis Ababa University, Howard University and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. My major field of study is chemistry, whereas physics and mathematics are my minor fields of study. Through the years, I have acquired a great deal of knowledge and adversity of technical and business skills.

I came to United States of America on August 10, 1994 with bright hopes and golden goals, deep ambitions and aspirations as a highly distinguished scholar to study for my PhD. degree in chemistry at Georgetown University in Washington, DC and to achieve a professional excellence and to succeed academically, financially, and socially and to be part of the American dream and the American success story and to see the best and the brightest and golden glorious days. I departed from my beloved country and traveled across four continents; Africa, Asia, Europe and North America and crossed great seas and oceans and safely arrived in the USA. I was most thrilled when I came to America because I had great enthusiasm, strong motivation, deep inspiration and high self confidence to succeed in my doctoral study at Georgetown University and I firmly believed that America is the most scared soil of the west, the land of unlimited opportunities and splendid beauty and the most wondrous advancement of science and technology and the humanities and a place where liberty and freedom, justice and human rights richly blossom and greatly flourish; a place where honesty, integrity and truth shall brightly shine forever and ever and peace and tranquility, love joy and happiness perpetually sweeten the daily life.

Naturally I am very quit very peaceable very patient, very perseverant, very hardworking person. I highly respect the right and dignity of others. I was a member of highly reputed and most prestigious scientific and professional associations including the chemical society of Ethiopia, the American chemical society and the international union of pure and Applied chemistry.

I am fluent in Afaan Oromo, Amharic, English and Spanish languages. I can also speak, read and write some Russian, French and Japanese. I have acquired a great deal of knowledge and diversity of technical business, social and life skills through formal education and by independent studies. I came to America by myself leaving behind everything that I worked and lived for.

Why I am telling you all this information about myself and about my educational background and job history may have already inspired some curiosity deep inside your heart and your mind. I am telling you all this because I want you to reach out for me and provide me some financial help and rescue me from the most bizarre, the most tragic and most excruciating predicament that practically destroyed my career, my reputation and my entire life. I am telling you all these because I was afflicted by the worst tragedy that is surpassed only by death. As you know tragedies are common occurrences throughout the world from road accident, plane crushes, ship wrecks, natural disasters to war atrocities, however, I was afflicted by a different kind of tragedy: I was victim of wrongful imprisonment. I have been in prison for more than 16 years for petty crimes that I have never committed. I was arrested on August 18, 1997 and was charged with one count of burglary I, and two counts of burglary II and two other miner charges related to sexuality and stalking. I was convicted by a jury trial in superior Court of District of Columbia, and sentenced by my trial judge on April 4, 1998 to a total of 32 years. I have already served more than half of my total with a good time, my max out date is2029.

I am factually completely innocent regarding the crimes for which I was charged. I was convicted and was mercilessly condemned to long time imprisonment and to a life of misery, hardship, and hopelessness only because certain individuals who have great penchant and high propensity to high-jack, kidnap, and imprisons innocent person conspired against me and gave false testimonies against me and provided fabricated evidences at my trial and deliberately misled the law enforcement authorities , the judge , the jury, the prosecutor, and the police to put me in prison for so many years for crimes that I have never committed. It is a very long and very sad story. Fortunately some of my friends recently found out that I have been in prison for so many years, and they immediately launched a great rescue mission to set me free from prison as quickly as possible.

My friends were greatly shocked and deeply sadden when they learned about my longtime incarceration; they expressed their sorrows by genuinely crying from their hearts and by shading their tears profusely about the tragedy that had befallen me. You do not have to be in prison to visualize how it feels to be caught by the ruthless traps of tyranny and the vicious tentacles of captivity and to experience the bitter sting of mockery of justice and the cruelty of injustice. I am 55 years old. I have only one life to live, and more than 15 years of my precious life has been already consumed in prison. Luckily, I am still alive and I am in excellent health and I am not alone any more. My friends are helping me in every possible way: morally, financially, legally, and psychologically. It is only a matter of time.

I have never committed any crimes against anyone, and I have never had any prior criminal history. I was wrongfully imprisoned for so many years for crimes that I have never committed, and I do not want to spend too much time in prison. However, in order to translate my dream and aspiration into reality I need financial support to acquire a private lawyer who can most effectively handle my case.

Therefore, I would like to most kindly request you to make financial donation (support) for my legal defense and help me to exonerated and to reclaim my freedom and to rebuild my life and restore my respect, my reputation, my human rights and my dignity as soon as possible. Any amount of financial contribution that you do for me would have a great impact to positively shape my life and would make a huge differences in my future. Life is a very complicated and dynamic process and the most precious thing in the world.

Therefore, please join my friends in their fundraising efforts and great rescue mission so that I would have the opportunity to be fully liberated from the agony, the torment, the trauma, the pain, the suffering, and the perpetual shackles of prison life.

Finally, thank you all very much for your generous financial support. I would most definitely consider your help as the most sacred humanitarian assistance and great act of charity and kindness and generosity. May God return your rewards by blessing you richly and abundantly with everything you need in your life.

Man is mortal, but the truth shall never die. I have the brightest hopes and I am most optimistic that the truth shall be revealed, and I will reclaim my freedom pretty soon!

You may send me your donation through my friends who are organizing and coordinating Fundraiser effort on my behalf at the following addresses. If you need more information you may also contact them at addresses below regarding my situation. Once again thank you, I highly appreciate your help!

Respectfully Admassu Regassa Lewisburg PA US Penitentiary (Federal Prison)

Please contact:

1. Getachew Tujuba Woyessa
6928 Garland Lane
Columbia, MD 21045
Tel. 410-842-3425
E-mail: yalammi@yahoo.com
E-mail: woyessag@lssnca.org

2. Asefa T. Ayana
4345 Bear path Trail
Eagan, MN 55122
Tel. 612-715-1478
 E-mail: ata247@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment