Instead of answering our legitimate questions the government has dispatched the so called Agazi, Federal Police, and the regular army and committing a genocidal crime on Oromo students and the Oromo people in general. Over the past five or so weeks, the answer of the TPLF/EPRDF regime to our legitimate questions has been the following.
At this point the Oromo people have ignited their rightful struggle and the Revolt Agaist Slavery they have been waging for years have drawn immense international attention. Our people have arrived at a decision of struggling for their own right by paying any sacrifices needed during the 2015 Irreecha celebration at Lake Arsadi, Bishoftu, where representatives from various regions of Oromia got a chance to get together. Our revolution will not stop until we get our full democratic and human rights and become the owner of our land and our country. Based on these premises the motto of our struggle has been transformed from Revolt Against Slavery (RAS) to Revolution to Culminate Slavery (RCS). We call on the entire Oromo people to continue their struggle by focussing on the implementation of the following key points.
- The ongoing popular revolution should continue. This time is a decisive
moment for the Oromo. More than any time in our history, the Oromo people
have demonstrated their strong desire for freedom and rose up from every corner
to do away with tyranny and dictatorship and bring about freedom, democracy
and human dignity. We call on all Oromo nationals in and outside of Oromia to
strengthen their Revolution to Culminate Slavery until the oppressive regime is
- The Oromo people should put economic sanction on the regime. The
TPLF led Ethiopian regime has declared war and is committing indiscriminate
massacre on the Oromo. We should put economic sanctions on the regime: not
paying taxes, isolating and socially punishing those who pay taxes and cooperate
with the regime, boycott buying products affiliated with the regime, refusing
selling of our products and services of the regime and its affiliates, and boycotting
all meetings of all levels called by the regime.
- All roads in Oromia should be closed persistently and continually.
Hereafter, the forces of the regime must be stopped from moving in and out of
Oromia as they like and terrorize our people and exploit our resources. Therefore,
we call on all Oromo nationals, young, old, men, women to close roads
continuously and deny all vehicles of the regime access and movement in Oromia.
- All attempts of “negotiation” must be rejected. One of the tactics of the
regime to put down the inflaming revolution is to send surrogates and puppets of
the regime called OPDO and tell our people a promise they cannot keep and
promises that are beyond their power and send elders to several locations in an
attempt to pacify the protest while at the same time the regime is dispatching its
armed forces and continue arresting, beating, torturing and killing people. The
regime uses “negotiation” to disperse the movement and then arrest leaders of
the protests and all that are involved in the movement by making house-to-house
search once everything is settled. Therefore, the Oromo people should not
be deceived and listen to any call for negotiation until all forces of the regime get out of Oromia and the Oromo people erect their own
- Oromo and non-Oromo intellectuals and lawyers should work on
bringing this regime to International Criminal Court (ICC). All human
rights activists, lawyers and intellectuals should work together and bring the
current Ethiopian regime for the crimes of mass and unlawful killings, torturing,
abduction and disappearances perpetrated on the Oromo and other peoples of
Ethiopia to the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- TPLF/EPRDF/OPDO government must go. Hereafter, the Oromo people
cannot and should not live under the TPLF/EPRDF/OPDO government. This
government has massacred the Oromo people; it has Oromo blood on its hands.
TPLF/EPRDF regime is a criminal and bloody regime. We call on all Oromo
people to refuse living with a regime that is the killers of their children.
- We call on all Independent Oromo Political groups to form alliance
and be united. This is a critical and decisive time for the Oromo people. In
order to foil the divide and rule sabotage of the regime and maintain the unity of
our people towards the common enemy, it is essential that all independent
political groups narrow their differences and form alliance to support the popular
revolution. We call on all Oromo political groups who are not working for the
enemy to stand in unison, form alliance and work shoulder to shoulder and
hamper the divisive objective of the enemy.
- We call on all Oromo nationals who are in the armed forces not to disarm their weapon and also to protect their people. We have seen that the regime is engaged in disarming the Oromian police and other Oromos working in federal police, the army, militia, and dispatch them barehanded while non-Oromos are carrying lethal weapons. You should ask why. Why is that you are denied to carry weapon in your own people and in your own country and aliens who have no mercy for your people are allowed to carry weapon and allowed to shoot and kill? This is what slavery is all about. Not only the Oromo people, but you are enslaved as well. When the Oromo people get their freedom, you will have your freedom. Do not disarm yourself. Do not shoot your people. Do not allow aliens shoot and kill your people. This time will pass and that time will come when you will be praised or blamed and responsible for your actions.
Qeerroo Bilisummaa December 31, 2015